Monday, January 29, 2007

Amar Singh interview with Karan Thapar >>> Devil's Advocte

Transcript of the interview

Quite frankly, the whole interview was absolutely disgusting. I mean, come on guys !

Most of the interview was spent on Mr. Thapar trying to pin Mr Singh down on the Nithari incident and Mr Singh, in turn, trying to point out other gruesome incidents across the country to show UP is not the worst place on earth and his party's government is not the worst around.
But what was most disgusting for me was this section of the interview (I am quoting here directly from the transcript..I hope this is not piracy)


Karan Thapar:
Don't talk about Assam, we are talking about UP. His minister gave the impression that it was chhoti moti, that minister happens to be his brother. Should he not have gone to Nithari and said 'I am coming to personally reassure you'?

Amar Singh: Let me tell you. On behalf of the Chief Minister, I went there. I gave them residential plot, Rs 5 lakh each, job and they are happy.

Look at Mr. Singh's reply..."I gave them..." what is that supposed to mean? did Mr. Singh pay for this out of his own pocket ? Isnt it our hard-earned tax money ?
Even if we forget the fact that Mr. Shivpal Yadav was as reckless (or is it heartless) to call it a "Chotti-Motti baat", it is still very disgusting (I believe I have used that word ten times now). These politicians have already started to believe that tax-payer's money is theirs to spend as they wish. If Mr.Singh can gift a Bentley to Mr. Bacchhan senior on his birthday, he can just as well pay the compensation money out of his own pocket (if he feels that compassionate towards the victims). The idea is not to say the victims shouldn't be paid...the point is the penalty for this crime should come out of the pockets of those who are directly responsible for this.

Still find it hard to believe I pay every day for the thousands of horrendous crimes that take place in this country everyday while our politicians roam around in their Bentleys and Mercs to one stylish party after another. But my pain is belittled by the suffering of those whose kids die at the hands of these brutes and the police doesnt even register their complaint !!!

I feel worried...deeply worried...

0 comments: