Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Links, links everywhere !!!

I am seeing URLs, tags, hyperlinks in my dreams..(see, I cant even write a single line without a hyperlink !)
Not too long ago, I was reading about the possibilities about tagging thoughts. Imagine this:

You are giving a talk. Every word you say is tagged to its meaning/description/usage patterns/origins/other meanings to Wiki
Your audience could go click on any of those words/phrases that catch their fancy and , in the process, completely ignore you !

Gone are the days when I could read a newspaper editorial start-to-end without clicking on anything in the middle. Good old days...sigh !

These days, when I walk, I watch out for blue underlined things lying on the street -- you see, I dont want to accidentally get transported to another universe by clicking on some "hyperlink" (gosh, that could happen ??)

0 comments: